In addition to providing a broad spectrum of acupuncture and allergy treatments and therapies for its patients, Desneige Acupuncture and Allergy Care also offers Cosmetic MicroNeedling therapy for those who want to improve or enhance the condition or complexion of their skin, particularly areas of the face, neck, and hands.
Using an AcuMicro Needle Pen, which contains multiple specialized acupuncture needles (thinner than a strand of hair), the MicroNeedling procedure creates microscopic-sized holes or punctures in the skin.
The penetration of the needles in the skin creates a channel that triggers or causes the body to fill the holes with new collagen and elastin, which help to promote new firmness or smoothness of the skin in the treated area. Before the MicroNeedling procedure begins, a topical anesthetic cream is applied to numb the treatment area to any brief discomfort or tenderness that might occur during the procedure. The pen makes such tiny openings in the skin that they are not visible or perceptible after the procedure, which can take approximately 25 minutes to complete depending on the type and area of treatment.
Many patients use MicroNeedling to improve skin texture and firmness; reduce or minimize scarring (including acne, trauma, and surgical scars), pore size, and stretch marks; and diminish or lessen pigmentation irregularities (e.g., dark spots), lines, and wrinkles on many different areas of the body, usually the face, such as near the eyes and above the mouth, for example.
MicroNeedling is an alternative to other cosmetic procedures such as Botox or surgery, which makes it an excellent choice for persons who want effective results without the possibility of a long recovery period. For most patients, it is considered to be a “no downtime” procedure because recovery normally takes only a few days during which the area of skin that was treated may appear pink in color while it is being repaired or healed from within.
While some patients see an improvement after just one treatment, most achieve the best, most long-lasting results with a series of four or five monthly treatments.
Below are some of the key advantages and benefits of Cosmetic MicroNeedling:
- Stimulates production of collagen and circulation
- Treats all areas of body (including delicate skin around the eyes, mouth, and neck)
- Works on all skin types, including dark skin
- Uses safe and non-allergenic medical grade needles
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines (such as upper lip wrinkles, “crow’s feet,” and “smoker’s lines”)
- Improves appearance of scars, including acne scarring
- Decreases skin discoloration and dullness
- Addresses sun spots and other pigmentation issues
- Minimizes pore size
- Helps with hair loss (also called alopecia)
- Improves appearance of stretch marks